Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Jury Duty -- Now with UPDATE!!!

I get called for jury duty fairly often, but so far have not been able to serve on any of the juries to which I have been assigned. Consequently, while I've seen the operations of the courts, I haven't actually participated in the resplendent majesty of a trial as a juror.

Maybe that will change today, as I am called again and will be headed to the courthouse shortly to sit in numb silence with the hundreds called every day to do their civic duty.

We'll see.
=====================================
UPDATE -- Nope. And this is a jury I could have served on, at least theoretically. It's a civil matter. Claim against one of the big ticket employers in town. Of course I probably would have been thanked and excused anyway because I think one of the orgs I was a part of got funding from the defendant's foundation. Maybe more than one of them, actually.

Just for shits and giggles, I was planning an action at the entrance of the Courthouse if Security had made me do anything but pass through the metal detector. They have long made a big show of humiliating those entering the Courthouse, and I wasn't going to put up with any of it. But today was not the day for action. I put my keys in the dish and passed right through, didn't have to take off anything.

Harrumph.

No comments:

Post a Comment